Friday, August 11, 2006

Probably Just Turning

For quite a while now, I have thought that Barack Obama is the best thing to happen to US politics since... not sure what - not exactly knowledgeable on the stuff. But he is articulate, interesting, intelligent and always seems to get to the crux of the matter. I'd forgotten just how much I love him until this morning, I decided to listen to some of his old podcasts I have stored up...

This was the first one I listened to and it reminded me a) just why Barack is THE MAN and b) just why Alito's nomination and subsequent election to the Supreme Court was such a disaster, not just for us pro-choice people, but for all liberals and those who aren't on the extreme right. Disaster. Roberts, well, wasn't going to be avoided. But this was a... disaster is the only word.

I was going to write about my favourite things about Ticoland, but Barack has taken over all thoughts... will think more and then write more.

PLUS: I now absolutely have to buy a kickarse suit and haircut in order to make sure that I ace the interviews I have lined up for interview week at Fordham. Not that I'm even sure I want them, yet. But you never know...

No comments: