Thursday, August 17, 2006

¡Naciones Unidas!


Panamá is amazing. Hot, sweaty, skyscrapers, and proof that again I have no morals when it comes to architecture - the ex-colonial area is utterly glorious. This is a photo of Plaza Bolívar, in celebration of that crazy brave man who tried to build a united latinamerican continent.*

Tonight I shall sleep on my OTHER enormous bed.

And tomorrow I shall swim in the pool by the sea, have a facial, use the sauna, and take yet more photos. Huzzah. And head back to NYC for parties, interviews, and haircuts. Glorious.

If I don't say it again, centroamérica, te quiero...

*Note - I believe he's crazy and brave because I've read this book by Gabriel García Márquez - it may turn out that, like Richard III and Shakespeare, he suffered at the hands of "artistic licence".

2 comments:

Bob said...

Aaaah I love Garcia Marquez. Not read this book but 'Love in the Time of Cholera' is great.

I'm working my way through Paulo Coelho at the moment.

pumpkin29 said...

My Argentine friend is very snobby about GGM, but I find his books lyrical and beautiful, particularly Of Love and Other Demons... the challenge now is to try and read them in Spanish...

Never read Paulo - I was put off them by this horrible girl I knew who LOVED them... so I'm afraid I have an innate prejudice, but if you recommend him, I shall give it a go.