Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Friends - those good, good friends with whom you can be mean, pointless, spiteful, ridiculous, OTT, i.e. yourself - are the best things in the entire world. How does it work? That you end up with these wonderful people who don't mind - even, embrace - your foibles and accept you regardless and yet are the funniest, kindest, most generous and fabulous people in the entire galaxy. They make the world so much better, your life so much richer and RELAXED because you can just be yourself. They are glorious things that we really should appreciate and realise that they make us the luckiest people in the world.

I am tipsy, it must be said. But why? Because I shared several glasses of red wine with that sort of friend. The sort of friend that I will be getting drunk with when I'm fifty and we embarrass the life out of our children.

FURTHERMORE: England DIDN'T lose a one-day match today AND I got to scoff a ton of Spanish chocolate.

Life is good.

PLUS: only one more day of classes. I'm tired. Reading is much harder than I'd remembered. It hurts my brain.

No comments: