Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Kittens and rainbows and ponies

I'm needing to think about pretty, harmless, nice things because I have been in the logistical hell and emotionally draining nightmare that is... early interview week. It's hardcore. We have to speak to a million people, schmooze up to them and tell them why they want us as associates, and why we want them as colleagues/bosses/employers.

It's hard.

I've enjoyed it, finding out from firms about their ethos and atmosphere. I've also not enjoyed it, such as agonizing over an interview that I think I messed up today. In fact, talking it over with others, I definitely messed it up. And I was excited about getting that interview, and the firm. And I should have known the answer to the question, been prepared for it. But I wasn't, and now I'm going to pay for it.

Oops.

Still. Not Bitter. Or Angry at Myself. Oh no.

I may not be telling the truth there...

No comments: