Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Great Expectations

Growing up where I did, the Caribbean always held a fascination for me. The gentle (at first, at least) debates between schoolmates as to which was the better island, Barbados or Jamaica. The cricket - playing on the beach, actively and noisily enjoying the Tests. So to finally go was a thing of great trepidation - would it be as wonderful as I'd hoped?

The answer is yes it was, dear readers, yes it was.

I paid though. I have been bitten to pieces by the insects. By, note, the TROPICAL and CARIBBEAN insects.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sigh --- this sounds picture perfect :) :) I can't imagine how hard it will be for you to leave!

pumpkin29 said...

It's rotten. On the other hand, those $4 lychee martinis are calling me... and wine club - you have no idea how pants the wine here is.