Friday, June 30, 2006

Noticias Muy Buenas... y Malas...

Felicidades indeed, first up, to my wonderful pal Doctor Andus who has secured herself a job in academia. Such fabulous news, and inspiration I hope to my many taxdodging friends who will find themselves in a similar jobhunting (and procuring, doubtless) situation in two years' time.

Big up to me, too, for I am off gallivanting tomorrow to the beach and forest, oh yes indeedy. Yikes. Slightly nervous, but actually very excited, too. Off to buy bus ticket very shortly.

Not much else to report, other than this interesting piece on women bloggers and politics. I've been meaning to link to The F Word for some time, and from now on it'll be handily poised on the right of your page, dear reader, to get your feminist fix, along with Antonia Bance's column, which sounds grand. Do I blog about politics? Hard to say, really. I publish on women's issues (the kiss of death, according to this article) but generally about stuff that gets my goat. Let me know what you think, peeps.

Hasta el lunes - here's hoping for the victories in the Mundial that will make me happy, and muchos, muchos commiserations to Argentina. You were much the better side, by all accounts. I genuinely am sorry. Football should have been the winner, and Argentina played the best football by miles. You deserved better.

No comments: