Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ya estoy aqui!

So I´m here, in CR - all very strange and disorienting at the moment. Things I have already learned:

1) The people here do not believe in street numbers, but useful addresses like 100m north and 100m west of Burger King. Seriously.

2) They are as obsessed with the football as us.

3) It is scorchingly hot in the mornings, rains for three hours in the afternoons then is cool and bearable.

4) How to say the time in Tico - not the same as Spain. Falta cinco minutos para las tres, por ejemplo.

5) I really am bad at Spanish. But am getting by. Not sure how long I can play the knackered & jetlagged card. Oops.

6) We start work early but, more importantly, finish early!

7) You need to read your watch the right way up and try not to get up at half two in the morning thinking it´s half seven. Oops.

8) You can get a great meal of frijoles y arroz and plantain stuffed with tomato and cheese for less than two bucks. BRILLIANT.

LOVE IT. Apart from not having a clue where I am - I need a map. And soon!

No comments: