Monday, June 26, 2006

Aburrrrrrimiento


Crap movies I have watched since being in CR (Part II): I started watching the beginning of this Billy from Neighbours film basically because it's Billy from Neighbours and he retains a certain charm for me that just won't die, and won't let me call him Chase from House. I also switched between some movie which I can't even remember and the Jesus Channel here (seriously, it's called JTV) which gave a wonderful intro on how they didn't want to stop you listening to rock music, just that you know the truth about it and then make your own decision whether to continue. They then proceeded to show us how John Lennon's death was due to his heretical statements, and all the different rock stars who'd died due to their sinful lives, and how Iron Maiden like to invoke the devil. It was brilliant, and almost as good as this, which is one of my favourite websites ever. Reminds me of an inspired birthday card my friend received for her 27th, listing all the rock stars who died at that age: Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones from the Stones, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and, of course, Helmet Koellen from Triumverat who died of an accidental poisoning, apparently.

Then yesterday I found myself horrified at Kim Cattrall's hair in Big Trouble in Little China, which was actually much more tongue-in-cheek (the film, not the hair, obviously) than I had previously recognised, but remained, nonetheless, bollocks. I hadn't realised big KC was in that as well as Eighties Classics (TM) Mannequin and Police Academy. But then, I hadn't realised then, in my innocence, that the unbelievably wonderful Grace Slick, to whom I owe in part my moniker, actually became part of Starship for "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now", the theme song to that horror (HONESTGUVFACTCHECK). Woman, you were in Jefferson Airplane. WHAT WENT WRONG? Anyway, my point was, KC, you must watch these movies just to think back to how desperate those times were, and smile at the thought of Samantha. I still wish I didn't know that about Grace Slick. I can't remember who told me, but you killed a small part of my soul when you did.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: GFY has a wonderful set of tributes to Aaron Spelling... youmustmustmust see them all (1, 2, 3). I also am going to limit my blogging to once a day. Honestly.

No comments: