Friday, July 06, 2007

Similitude

It looks different. It feels different. It's not as soft and round-edged. It's a replacement, yet not a substitute.

I'm sure I'll grow to love my new iPod. It's just not quite the same; not yet. Still, Interpol and LCD Soundsystem have accompanied me this morning - some things have not changed.

In the meantime, here's why you should never offer to help with the washing up after a dinner party - at least, if you're not prepared to deal with some grizzly meat:

A Belgian man has been arrested after a dinner guest helping to clear up after the meal opened a freezer and found the bodies of the host's wife and stepson.

That makes me feel so much better about the state of my fridge - at least there's nothing that once was human in there. Still, a defrosting might be necessary this weekend. Ye gods I'm old. Full story here on the beeb.

And for those who are bored, here's some entertainment, all of which require sound:

No comments: