Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Think of a Happy Place

Work is a tad stressful at the moment, and I was listening to a variety of fairly morose tunes in keeping with that mood earlier today (when I finally got a few minutes to myself in my office, that is. I'd not really thought of it as a sanctuary before, but today, I was so pleased to shut myself in, listen to a few tunes and sort myself out). But I have just realised that this was entirely foolish: what I needed in this mood was to listen to the one thing that, for some reason, is guaranteed to put a smile on my face and make me feel better about the world: Chime by Orbital. I've mentioned it here before, but really, truly, I can't explain or replicate the feeling I get from it through anything else. And having seen them play it at Coachella earlier this year, it brings me even greater joy to remember throwing my arms around like an absolute nutter to it. Chills up my back and, indeed, joy.

No comments: