- The Daily Show. Watching it makes me giggle so much, and it's nice that someone else shares my liberal outrage.
- The Friendly Fires album. I play it over, and over, and over. This includes the glorious Au Revoir Simone version by Aeroplane, too.
- Chime by Orbital. It is impossible for me to be in a bad mood when this plays. I should just have it on repeat at the mo.
- Playing squash. God, it's good to do that, even if I get utterly thumped and can barely walk the next day (which is currently the case). Exercise, people. There's always time for it. Always.
- Crosswords & sudoku. My brain needs to feel like it's competent at something, even if that thing is not work...
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
The Consolations of...
... well, if not philosophy, then stuff, I suppose. It's been a stressful couple of months, which culminated in an extremely busy and miserable week last week, in which various technological issues (ahem, like losing pieces of equipment, ahem) came to a head, I found someone had got my financial details and had taken $1000 from my account, that sort of thing. The last couple of days, however, have been much better, for various reasons. I had ceased doing the things that make me, if not completely better, less stressed. Therefore, I am compiling my list of things that make me feel better, without doubt: