- Is This It? by The Strokes (I've listened to the Strokes more in the past two weeks than I think I have in my entire life - I'm going through a phase, it seems)
- Electioneering by Radiohead.
- Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies. It is just awesome. That is all.
- Devil's Haircut by Beck. I had a moment a few weeks ago at physio where I heard Where It's At on the radio, and I realised that I did not own Odelay, except on an old tape somewhere. So I remedied that with haste.
- Dirty Harry by Gorillaz.
- The World Has Turned by Weezer. I really truly had forgotten how much I love this album, but a spate of articles about how hot Rivers Cuomo was (I didn't really share the fascination) then spurred me to revisit the record - it's great.
- Slow Hands by Interpol. Saw them at the Creators' Project a few weeks ago and although we only caught the end of the set, magically this was one of those. This album was the part of the perma-soundtrack of my first year of law school.
- So Says I by The Shins.
- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips.
- Boys Don't Cry by The Cure.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Sunday Selection: What next?
So, the World Cup is nearly at a close. It is certainly going to leave a void in my life. So this random list is in honour of that great competition's closing, based on I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself, as covered by The White Stripes.