Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Selection: What next?

So, the World Cup is nearly at a close. It is certainly going to leave a void in my life. So this random list is in honour of that great competition's closing, based on I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself, as covered by The White Stripes.
  1. Is This It? by The Strokes (I've listened to the Strokes more in the past two weeks than I think I have in my entire life - I'm going through a phase, it seems)
  2. Electioneering by Radiohead.
  3. Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies. It is just awesome. That is all.
  4. Devil's Haircut by Beck. I had a moment a few weeks ago at physio where I heard Where It's At on the radio, and I realised that I did not own Odelay, except on an old tape somewhere. So I remedied that with haste.
  5. Dirty Harry by Gorillaz.
  6. The World Has Turned by Weezer. I really truly had forgotten how much I love this album, but a spate of articles about how hot Rivers Cuomo was (I didn't really share the fascination) then spurred me to revisit the record - it's great.
  7. Slow Hands by Interpol. Saw them at the Creators' Project a few weeks ago and although we only caught the end of the set, magically this was one of those. This album was the part of the perma-soundtrack of my first year of law school.
  8. So Says I by The Shins.
  9. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips.
  10. Boys Don't Cry by The Cure.

No comments: