Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Win-Win situation



Well, at least, this post is something impossible to lose. I'm making a list of all the things to look forward to / bring back from Fair Albion when I go home this Christmas, and what better way than the website? I can't write that in a book which I promptly lose; same goes for a piece of paper; there will be limitless space (for all intents and purposes); even if I don't have the computer with me, I'll be able to access it. Only requires the internet - brilliant!

1) Maltesers. I miss them so.
2) The John Peel art exhibition - on until 23rd December... must go. must go.
3) Rimmel Concealer. Although, of course, they sell it at K-Mart. But it's just not the same as going to Boots... I miss Boots.
4) Orange squash. While I have come to appreciate Gatorade, particularly for its hangover-relieving qualities, there's nowt quite like a Kia-Ora, particularly after a run.
5) Ribena. See above.
6) Ginger Beer - not ale, beer. Old Jamaica, Idris - why do you desert me so in the US of A?
7) Soccer AM. Chamberlain, even Lovejoy - once you have FSC and their stupid phone ins and adverts, then you'll understand quite how desperate the football-watching is. Not the football itself, despite our cable company's insistence on our tv channel blurring and messing up every time we watch it. I'm talking about the surrounding culture. Which is why I write this I have to listen to Jeff and the Soccer Saturday boys over the internet.
8) Xfm. Despite various recommendations and so forth, I've yet to find a radio station I like here...
9) CURRIES. Ye gods I need a curry. CURRY. CURRY. CURRY.
10) Newspapers. The paper version. I read everything online. It'd be nice to sit down and read one. Find things out by accident, which is what I feel you lose out on from the internet - you click on things that look interesting but that's about them being put in front of your face, not drifting through. I think there are advantages to both, but I do miss sitting down and immersing myself in the paper...
11) Following on from that, crosswords. I don't do crosswords here. Well, I do, but it's not the same. I miss cryptic ones, which don't really exist in the same way here.
12) The ginge. My cat. I miss her. Plus, she lost half her tail, apparently, no one knows how - I want to see the poor little thing.

13) Darren - the new guinea pig. Mum says he's a sweetie.
14) The Velázquez and Impressionist exhibitions on at the National Gallery.
15) Something, somewhere, at the NFT would be good - there's always a great winter season, including this year John Huston... which is going to be grand.

More to be added...

No comments: