Sunday, November 05, 2006

What Have You Done Today?

Me, I have not saved a life, done anything constructive in terms of helping anyone.

BUT I have written a first draft of my Note. Excluding footnotes, 6,927 words. Yikes. With footnotes, 9,502. That's a lot of footnoting.

I have also witnessed the wonder that is Spurs finally beating Chelsea after 27 fruitless attempts in the League. The guy who scored our goal was four months old the last time we beat them in the league, apparently. Joyfully timewarner decided to go all flickering/can't see what's going on in the last ten minutes during the Chelsea onslaught on goal... but we held out. With a fair bit of luck, it must be said, but we've been lacking that of late, so no grumbling here.

I have also had a teeny weeny injury scare that absolutely terrified me. I don't even know how I got the ankle knock, but it was horrible. I am a physical coward, it turns out, surprising absolutely no one.

Having exhausted myself on the draft, I am now incapable of mustering anything like wit for this entry. But I am, finally, feeling a bit happier. Lychee martinis most definitely earned...

3 comments:

Bob said...

Did you also see the touchline scrap between Wenger and Pardew? So funny!

Bob said...

Wow that's a REALLY big note you've written! Well done chick

pumpkin29 said...

Why thank you my dear. Now I have three horrible conferences to survive where people tell me it's crap, and then I'll be fine.

Scrap was hilarious. Hilarious. Can't ever see Wenger winning a fight, really, but it'd be amusing to watch him try...