Monday, November 13, 2006

No couple is an island

Or, at least, I thought so until I received the rather wonderful news that two very dear friends, stalwarts of the not-getting-married-club, are engaged. I'm genuinely delighted for them. But it makes this whole long-term living in sin thing seem rather unfashionable and out-of-date. Apparently, getting married is where it's at. Nonetheless, just as Anna Wintour and Bono boldly resisted the move to smaller sunglasses, knowing that people would come back to the makeyourfacelooklikeafly ones, we shall resist. And overcome.

In sadder news, a small remnant of the very horsey child/teenager in me died today along with the passing of Desert Orchid. I even met him once, somewhere on the North Yorkshire coast on a summer holiday with the family. It was perhaps not as great as meeting Gazza, better than Butch Vig.

1 comment:

pumpkin29 said...

When I was talking to my friend (who'd just celebrated 6 years of marriage) he just laughed and said "that's very European, isn't it?". Now I can counter with the occasional Mexican. Brilliant.