Wednesday, October 25, 2006

And I'm Back In The Game...

...or, more to the point, grumble grace is back. After having to be loveydovey with the world, I have made the decision to be grumpy again. Well, actually, I didn't make that decision, but was forced into it by the evils of the world. Well, not evils. But stuff that needs to be grumped about.

First, Rush Limbaugh - unsurprisingly - is an arse. Furthermore, so is Jim Caviezel and the wife from Everyone-Loves-Raymond-Oh-Really?-I-Couldn't-Give-A-Rat's-Arse-about-this-very-stupid-tv-programme. Essentially, Michael J. Fox - or "shaky daddy" as his kids call him, according to KTB who read his autobiography - is on an ad for a Congressman advocating stem cell research. And Rush Limbaugh has accused him of "faking" his condition in order to get sympathy for the ad. Nice. Nice.

Second, this was a v interesting thing sent to me by Banana. Shows that the British are not the only ones to have issues dealing with the niqab. I'm not getting into the British debate here, because it's way too complicated and I'm not certain what I think. But I do think that sensitivity may have been employed by this judge who refused to continue a woman's lawsuit because she wouldn't lift her niqab.

Enough grumbling. Enjoy some kittens!!!!

1 comment:

wind-up-bird said...

Yay! I did so miss Grumble Grace. Have you seen the VoteVets ads yet, btw? They are pretty kick-ass. Or arse, as your kind would say.