Sunday, October 22, 2006

81-100

81. The random collection of people making use of Riverbank Park - the old ladies chatting, the women slowly walking around wearing plastic bags to sweat more (no, I'm not joking), the highly kitted out guys who run at about 0.0001mph faster than walking speed, the strange people doing strange callasthenics, stretching and punching movements, the hard hard hard old guy doing press ups with his feet on a step 3ft up, hands on normal ground (seriously, that was impressive), and the incredibly athletic blokes playing a game of American Football. And us. Oh, and the old geezer who was very happy that we did ten laps (2.5miles) today. I was, too - 17.50 for two miles is not bad for me right now.
82. Having a red coat - which, thanks to my dear Mum and Wallis, I will have very very very very soon. Well, at Christmas.

83. The thought of the Velázquez exhibition at home this Christmas, and the upcoming Spanish exhibition at the Guggenheim - El Greco, here we come! Plus a fab looking display of "modern masters" at the Sainsbury Wing... I cannot cannot wait. I am, occasionally, cultured.
84. The names Alge Crumpler, Plaxico Burress and D'Brickashaw Ferguson - I love, love, love NFL.
85. Having a favatar. Even that name. Rocking.
MyFavatar
86. Free drinks. Sorry, but it's true. Law Review Rocks.
87. Proper Cows. And anything with proper cows on them.

88. Saying "Hey Joe" to everyone I know called Joe and never ceasing to find it amusing.
89. Lily Allen's comments about the Pussycat Dolls - thank goodness it's not just me.
They're too skinny, takes all their clothes off, don't say anything, promote womanizing and look like lapdancers as far as I’m concerned. It's a really bad message to be sending young women. And not just for young women - but for young men. For them to believe that that’s what women are like in real life in such a hideous concept to sell to people. It's just terrible.

Plus the Peaches Geldof gem:
I would kick her over then kick her even harder when she was down... I would probably like, stamp on my can of Magners and then stab her in the ear. She (Peaches) did this documentary about Islam and it was really awful … What do you know about Islam you useless oaf?

90. Multiply by Jamie Lidell. There is nothing better to lift your mood. Same goes for anything by Stevie Wonder.
91. Gawker's Hall of Fame for those who are not blessed with social skills...
92. THE GINGE!

93. Pumpkins!

94. The Natural History Museum in London.
95. Central Park. And knowing why the leaves change colour. Science in action!

96. St. Pancras station.
97. Being a Prendergast Girl.

98. Hot water bottles.
99. Scallion pancakes from China Place.
100. That the internet exists to entertain all my self-indulgence and write entirely about myself. Huzzah!

1 comment:

pumpkin29 said...

I enjoyed not moaning about stuff. It was so much fun to think about how lucky I am and how jmuch I enjoy my life - despite the grumbling... And I'm not talking Oprah-style "gratitude journal", but thinking about tv and movies and music and what makes me giggle. Utterly self-indulgent and I recommend it to everyone!!!!