Thursday, October 19, 2006

61-80

61. Having things I've heard be published on overheard in new york (me being pumpkin).
62. Catching up on people's blogs when I haven't had the chance to read them for ages and noting JUST how much they sound like those fabulous friends of mine.
63. Beryl.

Oh, Beryl. I have failed you.
64. Woman's Hour Podcasts
65. Using my kitchenaid to grate apple to put in my instant porridge...
66. Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
67. Dandelion fountains!

68. My pretty pretty pretty phone.
69. A cold beer after a horrible horrible day...
70. Syndication of Scrubs - which means, essentially, it's on TWICE A DAY on comedy central AND twice a day on Fox.
71. The "secret" tunnel between 66th street and opposite the law school - excellent rain avoidance tool.
72. 66th Street station on the 1... it's so so so beautiful.


73. Having a papasan...
74. The TWoP reviews of the final seasons of Dawson's Creek...
75. The way that young folks think that bands like slipknot and staind are subversive and meaningful - the earnest soul wrenching goes on, generation to generation... sweet. And that they still write in tippex on their bags and wear DMs.
76. Jamie Bufalino's column in Timeout.
77. Playing spot the background extras on Scrubs - Snoop Dog Intern, Colonel Doctor, Doctor Mickhead, beard-faced Doctor - drinking game in the making, that...
78. Remembering that six months when my brother and I refused to get in or out of the car unless it was through the windows.
79. My pretty pretty pretty Brazilian placemats that I got from my lovely lovely friends for my 21st (although the fact that birthday was so many years ago is less smiley-happy-place).

80. The fact that my magic cookie bars sold out before ANYONE ELSE'S BAKED GOODS at our bake sale - and that we made $130 to send to Marie Stopes for safe birthing kits...

2 comments:

wind-up-bird said...

Oh my god! The Sexyback party thing was YOU?!! Or rather, HEARD by you? Wow. Now I do have famous friends.

pumpkin29 said...

There you go. There you go. It makes up for me having seen NO famous people since I got to New York. Seriously. Except Huey from the Fun Lovin' Criminals (and that was about two years ago) and one of the succession of many hot female lawyers that work with McCoy in Law & Order.

And can I say JUST how happy I am that the Sexyback thing made it... awesome