Sunday, September 17, 2006

Skew-whiff...

The title of this blog was something that I realised I'd very rarely actually seen written down, and couldn't remember how to spell. Disappointing, and means I'm definitely not entering the drunken spelling bee in williamsburg any time soon.

Anyway, the point was, before my cerebral meltdown, that my life has not been what it normally should be over the last couple of weeks; my routine has not sailed its normal course. I know that particularly because I only listened to forty songs through my computer, according to what I scrobbled this week. This is ridiculous. I would like my life to return to my having some semblance of control over it. At the moment, instead, it feels as I'm clinging onto a piece of flotsam whilst giant waves crash around me and take me where they want to go. Which is about as poetic and expressive as I get. Which is not very, I appreciate.

Luckily, salvation has come in the form of PG Wodehouse - as Mr Christopher Buckley has so aptly said, It is impossible to be unhappy while reading the adventures of Jeeves and Wooster. And I've tried.

3 comments:

Bob said...

J&W books should be prescribed on the NHS! My dad has the entire collection and I'm gonna fight tooth and nail for them when he pops his clogs. Hmm I wonder if I can blag them earlier??!!

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was skew-wiff. Is that wrong?

pumpkin29 said...

Varies - some say skew-wiff, some skew-whiff - and urban dictionary defines them both differently, bizarrely.