Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Nice Glass of...

... what, exactly? One of the problems of not drinking is it makes me realise how limited my beverage choice is. To whit:
  • Can't have caffeine after 6pm (breaking that rule today, and I will pay for it later)
  • Juice is full of sugars that are not good sugars (i.e. have turned to alcohol)
  • Non-caffeinated beverages like ginger beer (NOT ale) and lemonade/sprite-type things are full of sugar - or are diet and full of nutrasweet which, frankly, scares me and also tastes a little like washing-up liquid when you think about it
  • Caffeine-free coke is... well, it's just that I don't want to drink it, not that I do not like it
  • Milk is yummy but again, full of fats and calories that seem wasted because a) they are not cheese or b) wine
  • Water I love dearly, but I don't want to drink a ton of it and be up half the night. It'd be much preferable if shops in the US sold squash but, alack, they tend not to - or it costs about a tenner
So, you see, drinking really is the optimal option. Roll on March 1.

No comments: