- A Forest - The Cure.
- Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears.
- Monkey Gone to Heaven - Pixies.
- Wordy Rappinghood - Jacques Lu Cont.
- Town Called Malice - The Jam.
- Fool's Gold - The Stone Roses.
- The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
- Girls & Boys - Blur
- Johnny Come Home - The Fine Young Cannibals
- House of Jealous Lovers - The Rapture.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Sunday Selection: Pre-Emptive Strike
I'm at work, it's late on Saturday, and although I'm not desperately sorry for myself (I'm doing something quite exciting - hold back the laughter, please), I am going to be here all tomorrow and, so, I'm starting Genius with something bemoaning the grind and working for The Man: The Magnificent Seven by The Clash. This song has become my go-to for jukeboxes, making me extremely predictable (my other obligatory tune being Roxanne), but I can't help it - love it so. I also love the Clash for their sheer variety of sounds, influences, and progression. I know we're not supposed to like the later stuff but tough - I do.