Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Daytime

Yesterday my OH went in for an operation - not a serious one, really, but I was worried - it was the first time he's been in hospital the whole time we've been together. Not going to go on about that, but rather the opportunity the several hours fretting gently in the waiting room gave me. For the first time in ages, I got to watch genuine daytime tv - not repeats of ER/Scrubs/Law & Order/The Daily Show or ESPN, which is what I watch if I watch tv before 6pm. The channel was tuned to one of the main ones, and it was, frankly, abominable.

Choice examples (bear in mind, I have no idea what I was actually watching):

People cheering Rachael Ray for using garlic. Yes, when she said "Now, I love garlic, so I'm putting in three cloves" there was cheering, whooping and applauding. Seriously? What is wrong with these people?

Some idiot talking about Eva Longoria's decision to add her husband's surname to hers - "it's about time she did that." Erm, why, you moron?

Daytime tv is a perfect reason to NOT stay at home to raise your children - if you watch it, quite frankly, your brain is mush and you will not be in a position to intellectually develop your children. If you're going to be at home raising your children, I'm presuming you're too busy to do so, but nonetheless, my point remains. It's the general stupidity combined with mindless anti-feminism that drives me nuts, and I have no intention of ever watching it ever again. And I'll watch ANYTHING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your "OH" was in hospital. I hope he recovers very soon and that you are both well forever after this. I know, that's why I only watch *L&O.* XO.