Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Only Pool in which I'd Happily Drown

Unfortunately for a guest at the glorious dinner I went to last night, he mentioned he'd been listening to LCD Soundsystem just before heading to dinner. The poor guy was then backed into a corner and forced to listen to just why I thought they were so great and why the concert I went to on Monday night was in my top five of all time. And that was before the drinking had really begun. Ahem.

But, seriously, it was extraordinary. I know I'm supposed to blog elsewhere for music-related fun, and I will do about just why it was so so so good. However, I (along with others) had a real sense of feeling at home in NYC this week, which was overwhelming in the finale to LCD Soundsystem - predictably, but still beautifully, New York I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down. What I particularly loved was there was only one person who got out a lighter, that I could see, and they soon put it away. New Yorkers weren't going to stand for that. And that's why I love them.

No comments: