Friday, April 20, 2007

Unpredictable

For those of you who have been somewhat surprised at the lack of discussion of Gonzales v. Carhart on these pages, it is due to my sheer rage this week. As I pointed out yesterday to friends, if I had Jedi powers (midi-chlorians, obviously) then this would be the point where I become Darth Vader. The rage is strong with this one.

Plus, there are far more people who can articulate this eloquently, legally, analytically and just better than I...
There was an article by Stanley Fish a couple of weeks ago that pointed out that the true measure of governance is who the governing executive puts into positions of power that affect our everyday lives. And now we understand why they vote for Bush, and we should have done everything in our power to overcome that.

No comments: