Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Leafy Goodness

I used to mock TOH for his salad-eating. Not, of course, because there is anything wrong with salad-eating; it's more that I think it's a little misleading to say you had a healthy salad for lunch when that involves two types of cheese and two different types of (usually sauced, i.e. pesto or curry) chicken. I'm just saying. But that mocking is haunting me as my new favourite lunch has shaved parmesan* and sesame-caramel walnuts. Hmm. But yum. Puts me in mind of one of my favourite Overheard quotes ever:

11AM There Can Be No Obesity without Denial

Office girl #1: I don't like lettuce.
Office girl #2: You don't eat lettuce? Why'd you get a salad?
Office girl #1: Because I need to lose weight! I'm getting fat!
Office girl #2: What else is that in your salad?
Office girl #1: Chicken.
Office girl #2: Grilled or fried?
Office girl #1: Ummm... Fried...
Office girl #2: Uh-huh... Is that cheese I see in there?
Office girl #1: Yes!
Office girl #2: And are those Bacon Bits?
Office girl #1: Shut up! And no, it's real bacon!
Office girl #2: And you aren't gonna eat the lettuce?
Office girl #1: I will stab you with my fork! Go away!

8220 England Street
Charlotte, North Carolina

via Overheard in the Office, Nov 13, 2007

*at least today I persuaded my server I only needed one scoop, rather than the yummy but excessive three I got yesterday...

No comments: