Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

No, not that thing. It's only bloody November, and there has been far too much Christmas music - in cabs, in the doctor's office. God, it's awful. Although as an interesting sidenote, there really is surprisingly little overlap between US Christmas tunes and UK Christmas tunes. None of the Chris Rea "Driving Home for Christmas" for this country. Anyway, I digress.

This time of year is when all the albums of the year lists start coming out. I am a complete sucker for these things - I get angry at inclusions of rubbish, at low ranking or omissions of my favourites, and absolutely vindicated by the high rating of my highly rated ones. It's pathetic but I am the perfect target for these things. Sadly, this year won't be as good as last year because we won't have the added bonus of albums of the decade. Still, I can concentrate on what I have loved this year, and I think I overlooked that a little last year. So maybe I should revisit 2009... Hmm. The lists are coming; I can feel them.

No comments: