Friday, June 22, 2007

It's All About You

I don't generally read Alexander Chancellor in the guardian, and today was a reminder why, really - he's just a bit of a prat. Rushdie undoubtedly thought about the potential reaction of his "enemies," but that's not the point. The point is that he shouldn't have to worry about them and it's the justifiers of suicide bombings and the bombings themselves that have the responsibility. Seriously. Or the people who have now decided to give Osama bin Laden the highest possible honour for Islam - seriously, Rushdie did this when nothing else bin Laden did has? Other interesting responses to the ridiculousness here.

I wonder if I would be so het up about this were I not reading Midnight's Children right now? I hope so.

No more ranting about it, I promise. Instead you should go here and watch the video called Porking for a preview of what I might be upset about these days...

No comments: