Monday, May 30, 2011

Hubris

I did two things this weekend that guaranteed I would wake up to thunder and pouring rain this morning.

First, I offered our house to host a friend's birthday barbecue. She's just moved, didn't feel ready, we're suckers for this, it's at our house later today.

Second, I decided this weekend it was hot enough that I had to do the annual cold-hot weather clothing switchover. This frees up a lot of space in our closet, and changes the feel of it from dark and gloomy to gloriously sunny and full of colour. There's no space for big, heavy woollen clothing in various shades of navy, grey and black. Oh no. Instead, summer dresses and skirts in a variety of yellows, reds, pinks and light blues emerge. It definitely gets one in the mood for summer.

Until it pours with rain and the rumbling of thunder wakes you up. Bummer.

No comments: