Wednesday, November 26, 2008

When You Got So Much To Say: 2008 Edition

It's called Gratitude. Holy cow, I just looked at the 2007 entry on the same topic and, hot damn, I'm so predictable, I had the same title and the same first sentence of this entry. Oops. Yes, it's that time of year US Citizens everywhere give thanks. Obviously, it's a bit cheesy, but I think it is good to reflect about what you're thankful for. Other than the obvious of health, family, friends, love and Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, here's what I'm appreciating:
  1. Passing the NY Bar. That feeling of relief really hasn't gone away yet - still basking in its glow.
  2. LCD Soundsystem. Again. Didn't I say that last year? Yes, I did, at #1. You're slipping, Murphy.
  3. Paul Rudd.
  4. The Wire. Just finished Season 3 - HMFS is all I can say. Addicted again!
  5. 30 Rock. Should I have something that is not tv?
  6. The Pro-Choice President, the Pro-Choice rejections of ballot measures in the US elections this year. Yay!
  7. Although my buttocks disagree with me, having mates who are into playing squash is brilliant, and has reinvigorated not just my exercise schedule, but the sense of bodily worth you only get from playing sport. It's also having a good effect on my sense of pride, given that everyone I play utterly thrashes me.
  8. My newfound love of SCUBA diving - having had the opportunity to try it and love it and see the world in a completely different way. Sigh.
  9. I didn't grow up in the family of the guy whose comment to "captivate" (the information/news service in the lifts of every office building in New York) was that his family fasted until the evening so they could enjoy reflection, rather than gluttony. I bet his kids are in therapy for the rest of their lives for that crap.
  10. My trip to Africa. Being able to see so many parts of the world is remarkable, and it was a humbling, fun and glorious experience. I cannot wait to get back.

No comments: