Monday, August 06, 2007

Counting Down

I have started the beginning of the end of my summer of work. It has been so much more instructive than I could possibly have hoped for at the start. It has also been an incredibly long summer, what with finishing exams so late, then Malawi, then straight here into work. Therefore I cannot articulate just how much I'm looking forward to some basic R&R and reading of lovely fiction books and just being a slob for a while. Not that I'm not a slob right now - our bedroom currently impeaches me on that point - but the need to laze is becoming increasingly urgent.

However, it really is hitting me that next year is my last year of school and then I don't really have any more excuses for not delving into the world of work. And not just any old work, but one where I am challenged intellectually, where I have to take responsibility for what I produce, that sort of thing.

I'm scared.

This is all a bit much.

So for now, I shall think of the DVD of extras waiting for me at home (First series, finally, after many viewings of the second) and catching up on The Soup. That hopefully will spur me on...

2 comments:

Scott Lemieux said...

The first season of Extras turned out to be surprisingly good...

pumpkin29 said...

It certainly has been - although as excruciating as The Office, in parts. Andy certainly becomes a much more sympathetic character in the second season.

I'm still trying to work out whether Kate Winslet training Maggie to talk dirty or Ian McKellen's exposition on the art of acting are my favourite scenes. However, my shallowness may just lead to Chris Martin's revelation that Gwyneth was cooking drumsticks as the best moment.