Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I Take It Back...

... sort of.

I am still wrangling with the genius feature of the pod. My past annoyances with it have lessened since previous rants, but some irritation remains. For example, it has a habit of instead of using remixes rather than the original you want to use - it does this for Music Sounds Better with You by Stardust. Don't tell me you can use genius for a song if you can't, you annoying thing.

Nonetheless, yesterday it came up with the best selection of 25 tunes. Not that each one was a total favourite, but I loved the variety and sheer weirdness of the tunes it came up with - the juxtapositions were just bizarre, but ace. It gives me hope that genius is learning about me and so, in turn, coming up with record selections more along my lines. So, having not made a list for yonks, I thought I'd reproduce it for you here... lucky you.
  1. Paris by Friendly Fires (starting song)
  2. The Eraser - Thom Yorke
  3. Just Like Honey - The Jesus & Mary Chain (am definitely getting into them, that will be my next retro discovery)
  4. Spooky - Dusty Springfield
  5. I Turn My Camera on - Spoon
  6. Long Hot Summer - The Style Council
  7. Fight Test - The Flaming Lips (I do not listen to this enough)
  8. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
  9. The Hurting - Tears for Fears
  10. Baby Boy - Beyonce feat. Sean Paul
  11. Balloons - Foals
  12. Lovesick - Friendly Fires
  13. Eat Yourself - Goldfrapp
  14. Sea Within a Sea - The Horrors (best album of the year pour moi thus far)
  15. Don Gon Do It - The Rapture
  16. No One Does It Like You - Department of Eagles
  17. Turn It on - Franz Ferdinand
  18. Golden Phone - Micachu
  19. Naive - The Kooks
  20. Cheap and Cheerful - The Kills
  21. Strict Machine - Goldfrapp
  22. I'm Sticking With You - Velvet Underground
  23. Kids with Guns - Gorillaz
  24. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton (no, I'm not joking!)
  25. On Board - Friendly Fires

No comments: